Hello from Six Mile SC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 6smile03, Apr 2, 2016.

1. 6smile03

6smile03 New Egg

Apr 2, 2016
    Hi everyone! I'm new to BYC and I'm looking for some info. I've just taken in 2 SL Wyandottes to my original flock. After a little bullying mainly from my 2 breadsticks, things have settled. The 2 New birds are laying and seem well. The problem is these two new birds will not go on the roost. We have added a new roost just for them but they still want to stay on the floor. We have been going out for about a week and placing them on their ROOST. Will they eventually learn to roost on their own? These are adult laying birds. Thanks for any info.

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    :welcome
    If you keep placing them in the perch they will eventually get the idea.

I recommend you check out the learning centre, it's full of great tips :
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I took agree that with some time they should get the hang of roosting. A change in home can be a little vogueing for them but I'm sure with some time they will be ok.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    They also may be getting pecked by your other birds, if they stay on the roost.

Meanwhile I am wondering that your " breadsticks," are they have been attacking them.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG]. You have some good advice already. I would imagine that, with time, they will be fine.

Good luck

CT

6. 6smile03

6smile03 New Egg

Apr 2, 2016
    DANG spell check!!!! That should be Barred Rocks!!! My breadsticks are just fine ;)

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Lol! I was wondering about that breed of chicken. Breadsticks sounds like good eating. :lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by