Hello from So. Cal.

slumblebum

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 8, 2012
Hello all,
I am relatively new to raising chickens and came across this web site repeatedly in my research, so I decided I would give y'all a shot. I don't normally join forums anymore because I got tired of all the flaming and hate, but that doesn't seem particularly common on BYC so I have to say that's a relief. Well, lets see, I am here in the Tehachapi mountains of southern California, one of the last strongholds in California for people like me who prefer a more rural and quiet life. I started raising chickens in an effort to be more self sufficient and aware of what my family and I were eating. Chickens seemed like a great place to start, what with the fairly quick rate at which they "earn their living". I have 5 Ameraucana layers as of current, about 8 months old, and, as best as I can tell, doing well. Looking at expanding my operations to about 12 next spring, which, due to inherent complications with growing an already established flock, along with questions as to what to get next, is what brought me here. So many questions, and it seems like BYC has the info I need. So, again, hello and let the brain pecking begin (sorry, had to throw in the bad pun)
yippiechickie.gif

Howdy from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us and that you gave BYC a chance. I know what you mean about other forums but I have found BYC to be different. The overwhelming majority of folks here have a genuine respect for fellow members and are here out of a love of our hobby - poultry! Plus the moderators do a bang up job of heading off any exchanges that get testy. I hope you stick around and best of luck to you and you chickens!!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom