Hello from SoCal

glad_hundegard

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
My name is Aila (pronounced: "eye-la") and after haunting this forum for years (yes, years) I finally signed up. My husband and I moved out of our condo, into a house with a yard (Yay!) and this spring I beat the hubby into submission, I mean... I convinced him with logic, to order some baby chicks. Hopefully I'll get my requisite posts in quickly and I can start posting pics!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
*Kinda... I convinced my parents to get chickens a couple years ago when I was living with them, and got to raise the babies. Then I moved away and got married. Soon I'll get my own chickens!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
*None, but I have 6 on order from MyPetChicken... they're arriving at the end of April.

(3) What breeds do you have?
*I am getting one of each: Buff Orpington, Speckled Sussex, Easter Egger, SL Wyandotte, BLR Wyandotte, and a Cuckoo Marans (all hens hopefully!)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
*Honestly, I don't even remember because it was so long ago.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
*Reading, arts & crafts, watching movies, and soon: gardening!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
*Me, the hubby, and 2 English Cocker Spaniels (I know they're bird dogs, but my parents' chickens chased them and now they're scared to death of chickens) we're on a half-acre in the outer vicinity of San Diego. Right now I'm between jobs but am enjoying the time to fix up the house and play with the puppy-dogs.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

You've been lurking for YEARS? Why did you make us wait so long to get to know you?
hit.gif

Just think-you could have had your 4-year badge soon!
tongue2.gif

ETA: we have friends who have a 5-year-old girl named "Ila"-pronounced the same as yours.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom