Hello from South Carolina

callalilly

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Greetings from South Carolina,
I wish I came to this forum under better circumstances (I should have earlier!), but I just posted in the Emergencies forum because my Black Australorp hens are mysteriously dying on me. If you have any advice on that post, please let me know!
But I'll introduce myself anyway: I'm currently living in South Carolina for graduate school with my boyfriend, our Bassett Hound puppy, cat, 2 bee hives, and what used to be 3 hens but now down to 1
sad.png
We've delved into the world of urban homesteading with the bees, chickens, and a somewhat productive garden, and we love it! (Besides tragedies like our chickens dying... ). I hope some day to be able to move to a larger piece of land where I can expand my homesteading adventures.

Welcome to BYC from Hollywood, SC. Whereabouts are you?

Sorry for the chicken problems, I'll go see if I have anything to offer.

Hi all,
Thanks for your friendly welcomes! It's so nice to post on a forum where you don't have to worry about trolling and snooty responses
smile.png

ranchhand, I'm in Columbia. It has been awfully rainy and humid, and we're going to start feeding the chickens by hand again rather than leaving a feeder out there. No more mold for us!
I'm excited to have a direct link to friendly and knowledgable chicken owners!

Back
Top Bottom