Hello from South Carolina!

I am looking for a fun event in the next few months where I can bring my young daughters so they can pick out our new chicks. Does anyone know if there will be any shows or auctions in South Carolina, or of any ideas to make buying chicks a fun family event?

Did anyone else's coop almost float away recently with all this rain we have been having during the severe drought???

I have been shoveling mud out of my 3 main coops for a few days now. The chickens thought they had no feet for 2 days because the water came running in like a river. I told them not to dig up the front of the coop but they wouldn't listen.
he.gif
Even a load of gravel did not stop them from digging a trench. Then they stood around for a few days wondering where their feet were.
idunno.gif
Of course, even free ranging outside, they couldn't see their feet! It was horrible. It will take me forever to get these coops dry. At least they are not closed up coops. Since they are open to the south I hope they will dry within a few days but I am thinking I heard it was supposed to rain again soon.
Blasted drought!
smack.gif

I just read the post about the most important things to do # 1- Love God more than anything else.
# 2. Love others as yourself.

As a born again Christian and minister of the Gospel, I was uplifted by those 2 requirements. Also was plesantly surprised to read some GOOD for a change. God bless you.

Im from Latta.. its near Florence. I have a question. I just had chicks hatch. I would love to trade some roos for hens (if any babies are roos) anyone willing to do a trade. I also would love an EE and a Polish (I love their hair)

Back
Top Bottom