Hello from South Carolina!

tmk

Songster
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Coastal South Carolina
Hello! New chicken gal in SC here:)
Any neighbors here to maybe swap neighborly chicken info time to time??
jumpy.gif

Looking forward talking to you all and learn about those birdies here!

Where on the coast are you from....Georgetown here....there are a few others from Pawleys Island and bucksport....they are the only other coastal SCians I know of right off scgamecock and sfisher

Hello Cocky! I'm in North Charleston.
Georgetown is not too terribly far...glad to know that I'm not the only one from around here! lol

Mmm...I started wondering there are no chicken owners in this area.
No wonder there is no Feed stores here(that I know of). We have to go to Summerville for that.

We'd like to move to Jedburg in near future. And when that happens, I'm definitely getting some more chickens and a few ducks or Guineas.

Hope to talk to ya some more soon!

Welcome tmk, my dad was from Charleston. He was born at #12 Orange St. right off the Battery. I spent many a happy summer there and my grandmother had a motel/restaurant/bar at Isle Of Palms.

Last edited:
There are couple of feedstores in Georgetown

It's always nice to meet another chicken owner from the area....what types of chicken do you have?

Thanks! Laura
wow Battery and Isle of Palms!
You are so lucky to have had family members live in such beautiful places.
Both Battery and Isle of Palms are me and my family's favorite places--even tho you don't see many chickens. lol

Hello scgamecock:)
Finally! A name of town I recognize! lol
We just stopped by the Krispy Kream in Conway on the way back from Riverbank zoo. Didn't realize there is such an open area so close to Columbia.
Do you have many chicken owner friends in your area??

Hi Nancy! Is Chesterfield up north west? We have been living in SC for about 4 years but we haven't really been far away from the coast much... but whenever we do go inland, we always love the open fields and farms:)

Hello again Cocky,
We just got two hens from the people we know when they moved into the subdivision that chickens weren't allowed. They are mix of something and so old and don't lay eggs so we were told.
Once we get more chickens to feed and care for, I'd like to make some price comparecing with your feedsotre in Georgetown:)
Are there any good place around our area for varieties of day old chicks??

We just stopped by the Krispy Kream in Conway on the way back from Riverbank zoo. Didn't realize there is such an open area so close to Columbia.

tmk, I am from Columbia. My dad was at Fort Jackson

Back
Top Bottom