Hello from South Oxfordshire UK newby

lizro

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 29, 2015
Whitchurch on Thames UK
7 ex battery hens arrived on 5 July and I am on a steep learning curve - but I've still got 7 - and I love 'em. The garden is fine - I thought there would be more damage but apart from eating a large patch of Comfrey the hens are more interested in foraging the perimeter under the shrubs and hedges. The house is looking neglected as the hens are much more interesting than housework - that is my excuse! I used this website alot for reassurance and information about the teething problems - worms, lice, bullying, unwell hen/yellow urate, fermenting feed, funny eggs and just about everything! The site has been a huge help. So time today to surface and say hello.

Hello, welcome! I am also from the UK. :)
It's so wonderful that you have some ex-battery hens, I have always wanted some!
Again, WELCOME TO BYC!! :frow

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

They are so much more fun than housework :) and more entertaining than tv.

They are quite lucky you have adopted them.

Welcome to BYC!

Give me chicken tv over housework any day, lol. Glad you are enjoying your new flock and that BYC has been helpful to you. Feel free to ask questions or share pictures & stories, we're all here to help one another out.

Nice to have you join us!

Hi and thank you - pleased to meet you! Yes the hens are pretty amazing but they apparently came from a free range egg farm so not as bedraggled as we expected. The avatar photo is the worse looking one - Maggie - and the one that the other 6 bully but she is a great character. We sprayed her head with anti septic to try and discourage the pecking but she just looks like she's had a bad hairdo now!

Back
Top Bottom