Hello from Southeast Tennessee

sharonmc2002

In the Brooder
Feb 5, 2016
SETN
Hi. I'm Sharon and although not a total newbie to raising chickens I'm going into a whole new direction. I just put 9 eggs into the incubator to try and hatch my first ever chicks. I've always bought either day old chicks or older pullets. Fingers crossed that I haven't screwed up from day one. LOL

Hi & :welcome Sharon

Glad you could join the flock! How exciting for you to be embarking on a hatching adventure :D I love incubating and hatching, there is nothing quite like watching them hatch from the egg. It really is an amazing experience. The learning Center has a great section on incubating, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-and-raising-chick
I would highly recommend the "Hatching eggs 101" article. It has lots of great info on all things incubation and hatching.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your hatch. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Hi Sharon and welcome to BYC. I've never raised chicks with an incubator, but in addition to the resources mentioned, there are some threads discussing specific manufacturers of incubators so it may also be worth searching for your incubator to see what members have discussed.

Good luck with your hatch

CT

Nice to meet you Sharon, Welcome to Backyard chickens. Sending good hatching vibes your way
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom