Hello from Southern Arizona

HisMrs2013

Hatching
Jun 29, 2016
Hi there,
My name is Nicci. I'm born and raised in Southern Arizona and very excited to be starting this journey. My husband and I have been talking about this for a long time and decided that it's time to actually get this going. We recently bought almost 4 acres of land that came with a pre-existing area that would be perfect for a coop, it just needs to be finished and made secure.

We are doing a ton of research, but reading articles will only get us so far. I am so excited to get advice and read what has already been posted so I can learn from all of you. Experience speaks volumes and I'm just so excited.

Any and all advice for us as we get started is appreciated.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Have you looked at the Learning Center articles yet?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Under the Maintaining a Healthy Flock section, there is a subsection on predators with articles on the different predators and links to threads and tips on securing your coop etc. Best of luck with your new venture and welcome to the hobby!

welcome-byc.gif
That is exciting, getting a new flock is always so fun! This site is such a useful resource, and everyone on here is always ready to lend a helping hand, so if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask! Glad you joined us!

Hi :welcome Nicci

Glad you could join the flock! What an exciting time for you and your husband :D I'm sure you will both enjoy your new hobby very much, lots of fun and very rewarding too. The coop section has some fab ideas that you could use for yours ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new venture. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

We ended up getting a dozen Rhode Island Reds on Friday. We are realizing the brooder will only hold them for a short while, they are getting big faster than I anticipated lol. It's so funny to see the personalities in the chicks already. My kids are helping and still excited. Here's to hoping it stays that way.

Back
Top Bottom