Hello from southern Illinois!

SimpleHarmony

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 6, 2012
Edwardsville, IL
Hi BYCers! I have a mini farm in southern Illinois. We are about 25 minutes from St. Louis, Mo. We started with Lionhead rabbits and my son and I enjoyed showing them when we lived in town. We have been out in the country now for a little over a year and I love it! I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. We currently have Lionhead, Holland Lop & English Angora rabbits, alpacas, my blue & gold macaw Crackers, chickens and my wonderful guardian dogs who, along with a 5' fence, keep the coyotes away. I love watching my chickens free range, they keep fleas and ticks out of the pasture, and of course, the eggs. We started with Sussex which are the friendliest chickens I have found and we are building new coops because I have added more breeds.... I could not have imagined how much I would love having chickens, but I really do. I am hooked!!!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Greetings from Kansas, SimpleHarmony, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here. Sounds like you have a little slice of paradise carved out for yourself - sounds very nice. Best of luck to you and your critters!

Back
Top Bottom