Hello from Southern Missouri!

annaliese

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Hi there. I'm Annaliese. Our family (me, my husband, our two kids, and three indoor cats) is new to having chickens. Actually, we just got our three last weekend. Unfortunately it hasn't been the greatest experience so far, but I'm so glad I found this site.

We found our three-month-old chickens on Craigslist, and the sellers had a ton of various animals on their property packed in cages and just generally not taken care of very well. It was pretty awful. We are considering Gertrude, Francis Pistachio, and Muffin our rescue chickens. Not only are they missing feathers from their prior living conditions, but the morning after we got them we went out to the coop to let them out and at least one was pooping blood. Luckily I found this site and we ran to the store and started them on Corid (that was Sunday - two days ago). There is still a little blood (not as much), but they seem to be acting a little better.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and thank you for existing so we can (hopefully) help our three ladies live long happy lives!

Hi, Annaliese, welcome to BYC. Good luck with your birds, and understand that the sellers that you SAVED them from should be avoided as a source from now on. One can bring far worse things into a flock from substandard sources.

Thank you. We will definitely never be in touch with them again. I just don't understand people who don't care about animal welfare.

Welcome to BYC Annaliese! I'm glad you got them on Corid right away, as they can die quickly without treatment. That happened to me a couple of months ago, scary. Glad they're doing better now.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about the problems your chicks have, hope your girls will be fine... love their names. They are lucky they went home with you. Don't understand people like those sellers either.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, some people not only don't understand, and or put animals in a different class that can be mistreated. Very sad. But great that you are giving them a second chance at life! If you have any questions, or run into any trouble, you know where we are.
wink.png

Welcome to our flock and enjoy your new adventure with these wonderful birds!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom