Hello from southern PA

ChickMama717

In the Brooder
May 7, 2021
South Central Pennsylvania
(soon to be) ChickMama717 here from south central PA, brand new to both chickens and BYC. We are just now setting our coop up before ordering chicks. Sought some insight on the coop build from google and stumbled upon BYC, and can I say what a helpful resource!!

Once built, our coop will hold 10-12 chickens I believe, however we are starting out with 6-8 to get our feet wet. Still deciding on breeds but since we have children (ages 6, 7 and 12) we want a very calm breed - possibly easter eggers or silkies (??)

We also have a few rabbits and are contemplating mixing them in the run with the chickens, housed separately at night - contemplating being the key word there.

I am looking forward to all I have to learn from the more experienced chicken moms on this site. Thank you in advance!

Hello, and welcome! What breed or breed's are you thinking about getting?
Hello! We want a breed (or breeds) that are very calm as the children will be helping with feeding and cleaning etc. That's the most important quality at the moment. We are in PA so cold-hardy is a necessity of course. Open to suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom