Hello from Southern Vermont

VTChickenNOOB

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 21, 2019
Putney, Vermont
I left the Navy after a little over 20 years of active service and moved back home to Vermont about 9 years ago. I have 3 adult children, daughter with 3 of her own children, son in the Marine Corp, and daughter finding her way in the big city.

About 2 years ago my oldest daughter and grandchildren moved back home with us, and convinced me to let her get 4 chickens, “you have a huge coop mom why not use it.” Plus it gave the grandkids a shared responsibility, and great family bonding.

When she moved out she took her chickens (and the grandkids ) with her, and honestly I couldn’t see how my gardening and yard work would be the same without those ladies this year.

So here I am learning how to be a good flock mom!

At this point I have no idea what I got, as I went to Tractor Supply and purchased 8 of their “oldest” bantams at a very reduced price. Their feathers are just starting to come in, and I know it’s a crap shoot on what I got but they are adorable.

I’m getting ready to catalog and take pictures today of each one so I can get a better idea of their breed, but I honestly do not care, as long as they don’t all end up roosters I’ll be happy.

I’m excited to join this community and get some sage advice; I’ve been lurking for a while but joined once I decided I had to get my own chickens.

Anna - Vermont chicken noob

56DBB30E-D8B5-4255-B79B-11BFA9CBBA81.jpeg
Welcome to BYC!
Happy Easter :jumpy:bun

Back
Top Bottom