Hello from Southside VA

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
Just wondering if there are any that lives near this area so that possibly we could chicken talk from time to time.

I am between Danville and Martinsville (Just hosted the race last week). I am the owner of 12 beautiful Rhode Island Reds that are now 5 days old and I plan to buy more. I am curious though....I would like to stay with the same breed, as not to cross breed, but I love seeing the pictures in here of all different colors and breeds of chickens.

Hope I'm not the only one in this area, if so, I guess I'm on my own. Oh, Well it'll be fun.

AussieSharon

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Virginia
I'm in Powhatan near Richmond. Are you planning to come to the Swap on April 12th? Might be a bit far for you to drive?? I know there is going to be over 200 Rhode Island Red chicks there that come from very nice stock.

All the info is at www.endlessfarm.net

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
Probably not this year but, if I can get some info. on it, I might can plan for next year. Can you send me some info. or a web site.

Thanks

@migocontodos~

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Commonwealth of Virginia
Shoot!
I was about to get happy...I just knew I had a chicken lover in my "back yard".
But...you're still 1.5 hours from me!
I'm from Mecklenburg County!
I bet I passed your house going to the race!

Chickaroo!

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
:frowHi Chiccrew! Welcome to BYC. I live in Sandston. That's 20min. east of Richmond.

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
If you came up 58 you were pretty close. Just about 3 miles away. Maybe we can get a swap going in the Southside are so that it won't be so far to drive. Just an idea

Chickaroo!

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
I agree about the swap. With the way gas prices are right now, there's just no way I could drive that far to go.

Top Bottom