Hello from southwestern Pennsylvania

welcome-byc.gif

Great picture of Star and Noel!!

Thanks y'all for the friendly greetings! I've been a lurker long enough, time chat with other chicken obsessed folks!

And thanks for the compliments on Star's pic with Noel. It's a family fave, we all have copies and her teacher liked it so much, she put it in the cyber school's newsletter. Star was so proud of how tame she got Noel. Before Noel was killed, we were planning to get her to lay her egg in a bowl by the kitchen door, rather than on the glider there...just like on Green Acres. Star was so sad that Noel didn't live to her first birthday on Easter, as she asked me to make Noel an Easter bonnet for her birthday gift. But Star sent Noel to the Rainbow Bridge wearing her Easter bonnet.

On a happier note, Star tells everyone she meets about her new pet chickens. She is happy with her new flock of Poppy, Pansy, Periwinkle, Primrose, Peony, Petunia and later adoptees Bonnet and Grit. Star had her chicks' names picked out months in advance! She wanted flower names and starting with P, like our last name. Woe is me, Star is planning to add a brown goat and white goat to our little 'ranch', with the names Maple and Willow!
roll.png
Once Star picks names out, she won't quit until she gets the critter!

You would never know from looking at her, that Star has Hypotonia and was a Miracle Baby. I think that is why so many animals have behaved in such a calm and loving way toward her. She also had a little cat, Sambo, that she tucked under her arm and road through our trails on her little ATV. The silly little cat never even wriggled to get down, it road on the ATV quite willingly with Star. Can you imagine carrying a cat on an ATV without being scratched to pieces?

starandsambo1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom