Hello from Sunny Cyprus

Denise1963

Hatching
Apr 3, 2017
Potamiou
Hi

My name is Denise and I love chickens. I have recently relocated to the sunny Mediterranean island of Cyprus and am keen to get started with my new flock of hens. I have an acre plot at the bottom of my garden so the lucky girls will be able to free range.

I wondered if there was anyone else on her in the area of Limossol who would know a good place to buy supplies? There seems to be a shortage around here of "Backyard hens" and so far I have found it difficult to source supplies. I am in the process of building their coop (hopefully a little aesthetically nicer than the tin sheds you see in the fields here).

It would be lovely to hear from anyone but especially anyone living here in Cyprus.

Bye for now.

Hi Denise nice to meet you.
welcome-byc.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wow, Cyprus!! I traveled there as a young girl while living in Turkey. I am too old to remember anything about it.
hide.gif
old.gif

I am not sure we have any threads in Cyprus. There are a few members from Greece and Turkey around the forums. But I don't think we have threads for these countries either! I suppose your best bet is to contact any poultry agencies in your area? Livestock boards? Things of this nature. I am just not sure.

Good luck on your quest here and welcome to our roost!

Thanks for the lovely welcome from everyone. There are a few old posts on here from people in Cyprus but mainly from the Turkish North side of the island. Hopefully someone will chat that is a bit closer. I sourced some corn and layer pellets today funny sort of a shop sort of a bit of everything but at least it's a start. Once I have built the coop I will research where I can get some hens from. It's all new and exciting so thanks for saying hello and your support.

Bye for now

Denise X

G’Day from down under Denise
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry, living in Aus, I am not able to help you with your search either but I do wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom