Hello from Sunny SoCal

SoCalChicky01

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2017
Ramona, Ca
Hi I'm New!
New to joining and posting to forums and new to chicken raising! I just got 10 chicks (I know...a little too ambitious of a newbie) but I'm already in love with them all! 3 Jersey Giants, 3 Dominiques, 2 Brahma, 2 Cornish (Dark & Red). Looking forward to all your expertise.

-SoCalChicky01

Well it's about time you jumped on the chicken train.
You are going to love them even more, just wait til you get your first egg!

Welcome to BYC!

How old/young are your chicks?

Make sure you don't over heat them in the brooder.

When your chicks are about 8 weeks old, you may like to have their gender confirmed. Just post clear photos at "what breed or gender is this." Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock - so glad you joined us :wee

How old/young are your chicks?

Make sure you don't over heat them in the brooder.
They are all between 3-4 weeks old. I read the post about every week decreasing the temperature by 5 degrees, but it has been 93 degrees here the last few days with a low of 54 at night. Once the temp gets above 75 I turn off the heat lamp and then turn it back on at night when the temp drops. I think it's going to be a hot summer.

When your chicks are about 8 weeks old, you may like to have their gender confirmed. Just post clear photos at "what breed or gender is this." Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock - so glad you joined us :wee
Absolutely!!! The anticipation is killing me!! A couple more weeks and I'll post pics....I have my suspicions one little potential Roo! :p

Back
Top Bottom