Hello from SW Nevada! :)

Jaime918

Songster
Nov 27, 2021
Pahrump, Nevada
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I will be acquiring my first chicks this Spring.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None currently, looking to start with 5-6

(3) What breeds do you have?
None yet, looking at 2 White Crested Black Polish, and the rest I'm undecided on a good heat hardy dual purpose bird. Any suggestions?

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
It's a new exciting experience for me and just another awesome thing I can teach my two little boys.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy gardening and cooking in my free time.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a wife and stay at home mom to two awesome little boys (6 years and 5 months). We have a little 12 pound chihuahua mix and looking to add another pup in the near future.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I discovered BYC a few years ago when I was still living in Indiana and have read and looked around off and on. It wasn't until now that I've finally decided to make the leap.

I'm not good at these things, so anything else you would like to know feel free to ask!

Jaime918

Songster
Nov 27, 2021
Pahrump, Nevada
Welcome to BYC!
I highly recommend buying chicks from a major hatchery.
Buying birds from different places already grown gives you a high chance of bringing disease into your flock.
Thank you for the info. I've looked at several and my only worry is the minimums. My coop isn't large enough for more than six and the most common minimum I've seen is 15. I've seen them at my local tractor supply but they usually look pretty ran down. :(

Top Bottom