Hello from Terrebonne Oregon

New to chickens, we just received 10 Buff Orpington pullets and 3 cockerels. We are raising chickens for meat and eggs and because chickens are awesome. Rhonda my wife and I have 4 kids at home and an adult daughter that has flown the coop.
Welcome to BYC. I am new to group also and live in Tumalo/Bend. We are neighbors! Impressed you were able to find chicks in our area! Have fun with your flock!

New to chickens, we just received 10 Buff Orpington pullets and 3 cockerels. We are raising chickens for meat and eggs and because chickens are awesome. Rhonda my wife and I have 4 kids at home and an adult daughter that has flown the coop.
Welcome.....I'm in Prineville :) My new chicks arrive tomorrow morning! I have a decent amount of chicken experience.

Welcome to BYC. I am new to group also and live in Tumalo/Bend. We are neighbors! Impressed you were able to find chicks in our area! Have fun with your flock!
Hello Fellow Oregonian.....Are chicks running short in Bend?! I've ordered some, they arrive tomorrow and I'm raising extra to sell as feathered out pullets. Welsummers, EEs, Dominiques, Barnevelders and FBCMs. Holler if you know someone interested :)

Hello Fellow Oregonian.....Are chicks running short in Bend?! I've ordered some, they arrive tomorrow and I'm raising extra to sell as feathered out pullets. Welsummers, EEs, Dominiques, Barnevelders and FBCMs. Holler if you know someone interested :)
Yes chicks are definitely running short in Bend. The farm stores don’t know when or if they will be able to get more chicks this Spring and past batches have been sold out within days/hours of arrival. I found my Wyandotte’s from the Feed store in LaPine. I had a heat lamp mishap and lost a few chicks and was able to replace three chicks from Coastal in Redmond. Otherwise I researched on Craigslist and found a few posts from local farmers. Maybe there will be pullets available when pandemic purchase folks realize how much work they are in for and eggs will not be produced for 6 months?

Back
Top Bottom