1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DevilsRival, Sep 20, 2016.

1. DevilsRival

DevilsRival New Egg

Sep 5, 2016
    I grew up around chickens but this is the first flock of my own. We bought 9 Ameraucana and 2 Orpington that were about a week old (born Aug 6th.) We lost one orpington and an Ameraucana in the first week or so but the rest are doing well. My kids love them and the dogs want to eat them.

They're currently in a temporary coop and we let them run around the yard under our supervision. I'm in the process of building a bigger coop and the run is already up. I bought 1½" pipe and water nipples but I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach a spigot to the bucket and then a hose to the pvc. I have the feeder figured out and that's getting done this weekend.

I've found this site very helpful, thank y'all.

Hollis

2. austrolover1

austrolover1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2015
    [​IMG]
    You might find the Coop section and pics to be helpful!!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Hollis, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard! Glad you are finding BYC helpful. It truly is a great resource! :)

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Hollis, hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do. Your name brought back memories. When I was just a kid, I started showing dogs and one of the first judges was "Hollis Wilson,"

7. DevilsRival

DevilsRival New Egg

Sep 5, 2016
    Of the 5 or 6 people I've met named Hollis they were all 60+ years old. Most people think it's my last name. Thank y'all for the warm welcome. I'll post pictures of the coop once it's finished.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by