Hello from Texas

Their gram

In the Brooder
May 18, 2017
Hi, I have chickens but am by no means a chicken pro. Today when gathering the eggs, I found the most bizarre thing I have ever seen! I am looking for info about it - surely someone else has seen such a thing. It might be a clone embryo trying to form on the outside of the egg of a Black Copper Maran. I have no roosters.

Someone please tell me where to post a thread about this and maybe even post some pics. However, they are pretty bizarre.

:welcome so glad you have joined us.

With no roosters it is unlikely to be an embryo.

I would suggest you post your question with pics on the "chicken behaviors and egg laying forum.

And also post pic here as well.

Hopefully someone can help solve the mystery.

Hi, I have chickens but am by no means a chicken pro. Today when gathering the eggs, I found the most bizarre thing I have ever seen! I am looking for info about it - surely someone else has seen such a thing. It might be a clone embryo trying to form on the outside of the egg of a Black Copper Maran. I have no roosters.

Someone please tell me where to post a thread about this and maybe even post some pics. However, they are pretty bizarre.
or you could post a pic right here.

Howdy! Welcome to the flock! Sometimes chickens will lay some funky eggs. Young pullets who are just starting out can really produce hair-raising eggs! Older hens who are at the end of their laying career can also lay weird eggs. If you can, post a picture.

Sadly can't get the search on BYC to work for me, and can not edit the post -- but this link has an egg with a tail -- perhaps your strange egg is like that?
http://www.yellowbirchhobbyfarm.com/weird-eggs-101-the-oddities-explained/
Not really like my oddity egg, but omigosh, I am never going to eat chicken or eggs again after all this.... I did just find something called "Parthenogenesis." It's " a natural form of asexual reproduction in which growth and development of embryos occur without fertilization."

I posted pics in the "chicken behaviors and egg laying" section...only for the brave!

She is a four year old hen.

Back
Top Bottom