Hello from Texas

R.J.

Songster
6 Years
Jun 19, 2017
Texas
Hello frm Tx, I'm an old chicken guy I was introduced to chickens as a child about 40yrs ago my grandmother had some reds we always had fresh eggs. Well when I started a family of my own and my kids were old enough I tried to get some chickens and raise an in our backyard. Well about 5-6 mos into it the City came knocking on my door telling me it was against city ordinance to keep chickens in city limits so we have an away. Well that was 8yrs ago and now the kids are all moved out and the city changed their chicken laws and we are allowed to keep chickens but no rooster. So for father's day my kids brought me a 8mo old red and gave me some money to build a coop. It's been awhile and little by little my memory of chicken care is coming back to me I've been googling things and every time this site comes up so i figure it would be a great idea to become a member, so here iam.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

What a wonderful Fathers Day gift! The gift that keeps giving....Chickens!! Well, make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom