Hello from Texas!

anitehawk

Hatching
7 Years
May 24, 2012
Bertram Tx
I googled a question about one of my hen's laying habits (she has started laying 2 good eggs every day) and Back Yard Chickens came up as one of the responses. I am so glad I found you!

I have been raising chickens for about 4 years now. We live in the center of our town so I try and keep my flock down to 5 or 6 at a time to be considerate to my neighbors.

Our chickens are our babies; they are named and, as you can see by my profile picture, quite spoiled. The rooster, Stinker, has no idea he is a chicken. Due to a catastrophic incident that occurred when he was about 6 months old he spend several months indoors and believes he is somewhere between a dog, cat and possibly a rare parrot. Long story. Our current hens: Mindy, Mandy and Suzy are very personable and quite friendly.

Suzy is the one that brought me to this forum, since she has decided to consistently lay 2 eggs per day for the past month and it had me concerned. She had done this occasionally for the past 6 months and had me going crazy wondering if someone else's chicken was getting into the pen. Both eggs are hard shelled, just a little smaller than normal (the others are laying jumbo size eggs) and she doesn't look or feel undernourished.

So, thank you Suzy for helping me find Back Yard Chickens!

WelcometoBYC.gif

Hello and :welcome

Glad to have you on board! I love your description of Stinker, that's very cute. :p
Also interesting to hear about the 2 eggs a day, that I imagine would be pretty cool.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :frow

Back
Top Bottom