Hello from Texas!

Hi! Jessica,
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your flock but glad to hear you're starting with a new one. I can't wait to get started but it probably won't be til at least the end of the month. I will try to track the chicken journey for sure. Still deciding on a coop, I saw one that someone posted to Pintrest from here. Is it ok to steal the ideas? lol... It was an awesome coop. The lady even painted the cartoon rooster. It was pretty cool.

Hi! Jessica,
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your flock but glad to hear you're starting with a new one. I can't wait to get started but it probably won't be til at least the end of the month. I will try to track the chicken journey for sure. Still deciding on a coop, I saw one that someone posted to Pintrest from here. Is it ok to steal the ideas? lol... It was an awesome coop. The lady even painted the cartoon rooster. It was pretty cool.

I would say that if they have a great idea and posted it to the internet to share, then yes, it would be fine to borrow the idea for your own use!

I bred an old rooster with his daughter to keep a pure breed going. Got 6 chicks hatched in May. Got 4 left by starting of July. This is when all the sudden, 1 collapsed after I fed and watered. I took this unlucky chick indoor and tried to nurse it overnight. He made it and got back his health the next day. I still kept this unlucky one in a special cage near the house to watch him (or her). The next day, a dog got into the yard and killed the other 3. Then the unlucky one is the only lucky one survived now. I guess it is time to breed the old dad with the daughter again and start a new batch.

We never know how many will end up . Enjoy your chicken when they surround your leg because ..

I like to raise chicken in TX eventhough the hot weather is tough on the chicken. There are so many friends here.

I bred an old rooster with his daughter to keep a pure breed going. Got 6 chicks hatched in May. Got 4 left by starting of July. This is when all the sudden, 1 collapsed after I fed and watered. I took this unlucky chick indoor and tried to nurse it overnight. He made it and got back his health the next day. I still kept this unlucky one in a special cage near the house to watch him (or her). The next day, a dog got into the yard and killed the other 3. Then the unlucky one is the only lucky one survived now. I guess it is time to breed the old dad with the daughter again and start a new batch. We never know how many will end up . Enjoy your chicken when they surround your leg because .. I like to raise chicken in TX eventhough the hot weather is tough on the chicken. There are so many friends here.

That is so sad, I am sorry to hear about that. Hope the next batch works out for ya.
I'm sorry about the quote and reply thing, I am new at this and haven't quite figured it all out.

Back
Top Bottom