Hello from Texas

Rebdavis

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 17, 2013
Hello, I am new to the forum but have made this site my go to for all answers Chicken! when i was young my parents got my two chickens. I named them Chirp and Mirp. I knew NOTHING about chickens but i loved these birds. They were potty trained (i have no idea how i did it) so i was allowed to keep them in my room. I let them out while i was at school and brought them in at night. They were solid white and HUGE. Big and wide and super sweet. Anyhow, I have always wanted to have chickens since then and finally at the age of 34 i finally got some, 12 as a matter of fact. I am down to 10 because my boxer got one and another died the night i brought it home. I got my chickens from TSC. I have three rhode island Reds, Three Leghorns, and three Bantams, and then a dark brown one that i have no idea what it is. They started laying about a month and a half ago and the Rooster is doing his job. Right now i have two eggs that are going to be hatching anytime now, 6 eggs under my neighbors hen, because she was broody but he doesnt have a rooster and my hens were not broody so i took advantage. And just a few days ago one of my bantams decided to start sitting. She steals all the eggs that are layed by the others so i have no idea how many shes on. I try to sneak in and collect the others eggs before she beats me so hopefully im not gonna have 47 chicks hatch in a couple weeks. Well thats my story so far. Hopefully i am succesful and will be able to help others that have the same love for chickies as i do pretty soon!!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

If your banty hen is sitting on more eggs than she can cover, you may have a poor hatch as some the eggs will not be incubated evenly. Most banties can handle 5 or 6 eggs at the most. If you mark several for her to keep and remove any others on a daily basis, you will improve your odds of having a good hatch.

Back
Top Bottom