Hello From the Beautiful Mountains Of North Carolina

West Pheasant Farm

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Waynesville
Hello To All

I just wanted to Introduce ourselfs. We are Tim & Anne West, and we own West Pheasant Farm. we are located in the Mountains of Western North Carolina. We have a 3 Acre Hobby Farm that keeps us busy, In addition to all of the fowl we have we also have a Nursery and 2 dogs an English Bulldog, named Winston & a 3 legged Chihuahua named Sassy they keep things guarded around here.
smile.png

My husband has been raising chickens most all of his life & of course I fell in love with them too. I have always had a love for Birds & Animals, I have raised many exotics. Actually I would own a Zoo if I could.
big_smile.png
. We branched out into Pheasants in the Middle nineties & Now have acquired Peafowl also. We hope to add a few more fowl to our farm in the near future.

We only raise the purest of bloodlines that we can get in all of our animals, we do not cross our chickens at all. we try to get the rare & critically indangered breeds, but we also have a few of the more common breeds. Here are the breeds that we have right now.

Bantams:
Blue/Red, Old English.
Dutch, Old English.
Mottled, Old English.
Duckwing, Old English.
Creole, Old English.
Spangle, Old English.
Cornish, Bantam.
Mottled Houdans.

Peafowl:
Indian Blue.

Quail:
Bobwhite.

Heavy Breeds:
Silver Lakenvelders.
White Silkies.
Black Silkies.

Pheasants:
Lady Amhearst.
Blue Earred.

I look forward to being on the board and meeting people that share the same interst. If you have any questions please e-mail me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I try my best to answer all e-mails with in 24 hours. Also I am working on a web site and will let you know when that is done.

Thank you to everyone that took the time to read about us.
Regards
Anne & Tim West
[email protected]

Hello to you all
Your Pheasant farm sounds like fun. My name is Toni and we are wheat farmers away up here in central Montana. We have quite a few wild game birds here, a lot of quail, Hungarians, and Chinese Pheasants right around the farm here, they are beautiful birds. I too love animals and would be a zoo and or orphanage if my other half were any less practical. We have only just began raising chickens in the last couple of years. I too keep my bloodlines pure and have only a few of the more common breed for now. RIR, Minorcas, Speckled Sussex, White Leghorns, & Barred Rocks. Along with the chickens 8 Geese and 2 Boston Terriers Quint & Quirt . I am fascinated by the peafowl and would some day like to get some white and or spalding. We look forward to your site.

Nice To Meet Everyone.

It sounds like we all have a love of animals and that is great. I just thought I had a lot of animals then I saw some of you other guys, and not only that but 8 let me say that again 8 Children, I just have to say God Bless You!. I forgot to put how many Human Animals that we have...lol.

We have a Son that is 28, United States Naval Academy Graduate, and has a Beautiful wife and they just had my first Grandson, He is 3 weeks old. Then we have a Beautiful Daughter, that works for an group of Eye Doctors, and she has are very wonderful Grandaughters 2 & 4.

Like the Lady with 8 Children, I too have a very kind & patient husband
big_smile.png
. I Hope that everyone has a good hatching year. If anyone has any rare chickens, pheasants,peafowl or ducks please let me know, I am always looking for new and exciting things.

Back
Top Bottom