Hello from the Black Hills, SD!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickengirl73, Apr 8, 2012.

1. chickengirl73

chickengirl73 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2012
    Greetings everyone!

I am new to chickens, but boy did we jump in with BOTH feet and then some! We currently have 22 chicks of varying breeds (Black Laced Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, Gold Star, Leghorns, Barred Rocks, Production Reds, Araucanas, California Whites and I'm sure a few I'm forgetting). We are currently in a madhouse process of building a coop - boy do they grow fast! Right now I get the luxury of being at work while my husband and 14 year old are slaving away on that building process. [​IMG]

My household consists of myself, my husband, our two daughters, the chickens, 4 dogs, 13 Koi fish, 2 dinosaur fish, one eel and one Sun Conure (and the Conure is for sale)! It is never a dull or quiet day for us!

I am hoping to meet lots of crazy people (like myself) on here and learn as much as I possibly can about chickens.

~Jill

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. Congrats on your new chicks. :thumbsup

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

[​IMG] from Mississippi. Glad you joined us!

4. gabirder

gabirder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    We jumped in with both feet too. Chicken math struck and we will be up to 35 birds next week. Any one need some eggs in about four months? [​IMG]

[​IMG] from the gateway of the Okefenokee Swamp and the Folkston Funnel - a train watchers paradise!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hi && Welcome!!
    [​IMG]

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

9. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome fellow South Dakotan!

[​IMG]

10. SouthDakotan

SouthDakotan Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome fellow South Dakotan! You will find we have a thread on BYC for West River South Dakotans! https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/643257/calling-all-west-river-south-dakotans#post_8666485 Hope to see you there. We also have a East RIver South Dakota thread too. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/643368/east-river-south-dakota#post_8668004

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by