Hello from the Black Hills, SD!

chickengirl73

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 8, 2012
Greetings everyone!

I am new to chickens, but boy did we jump in with BOTH feet and then some! We currently have 22 chicks of varying breeds (Black Laced Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, Gold Star, Leghorns, Barred Rocks, Production Reds, Araucanas, California Whites and I'm sure a few I'm forgetting). We are currently in a madhouse process of building a coop - boy do they grow fast! Right now I get the luxury of being at work while my husband and 14 year old are slaving away on that building process.
wee.gif

My household consists of myself, my husband, our two daughters, the chickens, 4 dogs, 13 Koi fish, 2 dinosaur fish, one eel and one Sun Conure (and the Conure is for sale)! It is never a dull or quiet day for us!

I am hoping to meet lots of crazy people (like myself) on here and learn as much as I possibly can about chickens.

~Jill

We jumped in with both feet too. Chicken math struck and we will be up to 35 birds next week. Any one need some eggs in about four months?
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif
from the gateway of the Okefenokee Swamp and the Folkston Funnel - a train watchers paradise!

Welcome fellow South Dakotan! You will find we have a thread on BYC for West River South Dakotans! https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/643257/calling-all-west-river-south-dakotans#post_8666485 Hope to see you there. We also have a East RIver South Dakota thread too. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/643368/east-river-south-dakota#post_8668004

Greetings everyone!

I am new to chickens, but boy did we jump in with BOTH feet and then some! We currently have 22 chicks of varying breeds (Black Laced Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, Gold Star, Leghorns, Barred Rocks, Production Reds, Araucanas, California Whites and I'm sure a few I'm forgetting). We are currently in a madhouse process of building a coop - boy do they grow fast! Right now I get the luxury of being at work while my husband and 14 year old are slaving away on that building process.
wee.gif

My household consists of myself, my husband, our two daughters, the chickens, 4 dogs, 13 Koi fish, 2 dinosaur fish, one eel and one Sun Conure (and the Conure is for sale)! It is never a dull or quiet day for us!

I am hoping to meet lots of crazy people (like myself) on here and learn as much as I possibly can about chickens.

~Jill

Back
Top Bottom