Hello from the desert!

uwn559

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2022
Hi all! I keep coming back to the board when searching google for info. So, I figured I might as well join. The wife and I have started raising chickens and quail in Phoenix, AZ to get some experience before moving to N. AZ in another year or so. We'll eventually look to add Pheasants as well.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've had my 3 hens for about 4 months now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
3 chickens. 85 quail... and counting.

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 - Buff Orpington
1 - Ayam Cemani

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The eggs! Their personalities are a bonus.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Backpacking, Gardening

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
The wife and I are empty nesters. 2 Shepherds, some fish, 3 chickens, and 85 (and counting) quail.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google search

Hi all! I keep coming back to the board when searching google for info. So, I figured I might as well join. The wife and I have started raising chickens and quail in Phoenix, AZ to get some experience before moving to N. AZ in another year or so. We'll eventually look to add Pheasants as well.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've had my 3 hens for about 4 months now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
3 chickens. 85 quail... and counting.

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 - Buff Orpington
1 - Ayam Cemani

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The eggs! Their personalities are a bonus.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Backpacking, Gardening

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
The wife and I are empty nesters. 2 Shepherds, some fish, 3 chickens, and 85 (and counting) quail.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google search
Hello and welcome! It is great to learn from others experiences.

Back
Top Bottom