Hello from the desert!

mirth

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 25, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Just wanted to introduce myself to the group, I'll use the template questions since that seems to be the easiest way.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? - We are brand new to owning chickens, just got the babies on September 4th.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? - We have six.

(3) What breeds do you have? What we were told we bought was: 2 white leghorns, 2 Ameraucanas, 1 Production Red and 1 Barred Rock

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I was just looking around on the internet and found what looked to be a pretty decent site.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I enjoy reading, traveling, having a cup of coffee with friends and learning new things.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I'm married to a man who tolerates my the zoo and we have a 10 year old son. We share our house with two dogs, three cats and three fish tanks totaling over 200 gallons. I'm a licensed Realtor, but I recently decided to change directions and have sent all but one of my clients to other trusted agents.

That about covers the template. I know I need to have at least 10 posts in order to upload pictures so I guess this is #1. I will also need help figuring out if I have all girls or if a few roos slipped in to the coop.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Louisiana!!

Hi - what desert are you from? We're brand new to chickens too - just a little ahead of you - got ours at about 2 weeks old in the middle of May. That'd put them around 21 weeks old now. Most of what I've read says they start laying at 18-20 weeks.

Still nothing - but I keep expecting it could happen any day.

Welcome from San Diego
cool.png

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Not sure exactly how to address anyone yet, but in answer to the question from "OneTenth", we live in Peoria, Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom