Hello from the FL panhandle!

Gumiho

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 3, 2013
FL
Hello everyone,
I'm "sort of" new. I've read the forums for a while, but only setting up a profile now that I'm back in the states and have the room for chickens. Having recently returned from Korea, I was hoping to find Ogye but thus far have had no luck finding a US source and with importation no longer an option I'm considering Svart Hona, Ayem Cemani, Hmong, silkies, Seremas and Plymouth Rocks. But have yet to make a final decision.

I've enjoyed reading this forum and look forward to reading more and contributing in the future.

smile.png

well you shouldn't have any trouble finding silkies, seramas and barred rocks. I'm guessing some of the breeds I am not familiar with may be game birds .Or not. There are game threads on BYC.

ChicknsRock - Yes, they are. I've always been impressed by a nice Barred Rock. Gorgeous birds.

Drumstick Diva - Some are a bit gamey, but I wouldn't consider them as game birds. Mostly land race types. The Ogye, Ayam Cemani, Hmong and Svart Hona are true black pigmented varieties (skin, flesh, bones & organs). The Ogye is a Korean breed I had hoped to track down in the USA, I'm keeping an ear open with the Korean Markets & classifieds, but thus far no luck. Though even if I DO find some listed as Ogye, they're probably more likely to be crosses... The Svart Hona and Cemani are a close option, but pricey. And the Hmong and some silkies are an option. I've noticed quite a few threads and posts for these breeds, as well as egg leads, so hopefully something will pan out. :)

Back
Top Bottom