1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from the Mountains of NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LaurelRidgeDreams, Jan 23, 2010.

1. LaurelRidgeDreams

LaurelRidgeDreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Mountains of NC
    I'm so excited, almost to the point of obsessed [​IMG] For the past two months I have lurked on this forum and have finally decided to become a member. My tolerant husband and I are teachers who live on a farm with four Norwegian Fjord Horses, an old pony, five dogs and two cats. This spring chickens will join our family.

The chicken coop has been purchased and our spring pullets are incubating right now. Since weather dictates the chicken addition must wait until spring, I've entertained myself with eight chicken books ordered from Amazon. The education this has provided will at least keep me from making unhealthy decisions.

Come on spring!

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    [​IMG] from NJ My Aunt lives in Trap Hill, NC!

3. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    Welcome to the craziness!!! Beware, it is addicting!!! Spring will be here before you know it....
    Tink

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! You'll just love having chickens, its the best! [​IMG]

5. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    Welcome to the site!! My wife and her family are from the Morganton/Valdese area. It is so pretty up there in the fall. Hope you enjoy the chicks as much as I think you will. I just started the tractor and run construction today and am eager to finish though it won't need to be ready until late March or so.

6. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! From the flip side of the Smokies [​IMG]
    Hubby works in Haywood County, but we live on the TN side in Cocke County.

Pleased to meet you!

7. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] to the addiction. I have family in Bryson City.

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Howdy to our Western neighbors! [​IMG]

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    [​IMG] from Indiana! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] from Arkansas! You'll learn more here, & from experience than from any book! Don't get me wrong, my mom was a teacher for 32 years & taught me the value of reading. I'm just saying there's nothing like hands-on experience There are alot of remedies & antidotes here on this site from all kinds of wonderful, knowledgeable people that you won't find in a book. I'm just saying, if you don't know, somebody on this site does, so ........ask away!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by