Hello from the U.K.:)

Welcome to BYC, Jeanne!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

Those are some lovely eggs!

such a warm welcome from everyone.. Thank you!
The lightest eggs were very small at first, but seen to be getting bigger! I can't seperate them really, so in just going to have to spy on them to see who's doing what hee hee. Strangely excited about that!
I also love the fact that they come running to me when they hear me coming out of the back door- looking for snacks! X

welcome-byc.gif
So glad you decided to join us.

The eggs are great, but the relationships we find with our chickens is amazing…so glad you are enjoying your flock.

Wishing you many years of happy layers and lots of eggs!

Hi everyone, I'm Jeanne and I live in Devon. We got our first 3 chickens a couple of weeks ago, and I love them already!
Things are going really well, but I'm having problem identifying which chickens are laying what! Yesterday I got 3 eggs- prior to this I thought only 2 were laying, but now I'm not sure!
We have a brown leghorn, a Light Sussex, and a speckledy brown. I have a picture of the eggs but not sure where to post:)
Anyway, looking forward to reading everyone's posts and getting lots of help and ideas for my girls
smile.png

Welcome Jeanne
frow.gif
I'm from the UK, South East Coast but now live in Michigan, you will love this site, very helpful and nice people. I got my first ever chickens about 10 months ago and I am loving it! going to add 4 more to my flock of 5 soon!. I never get tired of finding an egg in the nest box, it seems kind of magical to me
big_smile.png

Thank you everyone for the welcome!
I've been doing some "googling" and noticed that our leghorn does not have striking White ears.. In fact hers are More of a tan colour. I'm pretty sure the light Sussex is laying the White eggs.. And the leghorn is laying light brown. Is that possible?!
We got another 3 eggs today.. 1 white and 2 light brown:).
Also wanted to ask advice about the chickens jumping the fence into next doors garden! I have heard of having a wing clipped but not sure if that is a good thing or not? X

Back
Top Bottom