Hello From the UK!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sfw2, Oct 10, 2009.

1. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Hi, all! My parents have gone to the supermarket, so I thought I'd take a minute to say "hello".

I arrived in the UK on Wednesday morning, and have been hanging out with Mum and Dad since then. They seem well, although definitely a bit more "fragile" than when I saw them last year. I suppose that's to be expected at 78 and 79 years old. I've been regaling them with stories about my chickens and ducks. They find me amusingly nuts, I think.

Looking forward to catching up with all your news when I get home, next week.

Take care!

2. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Hi! Good to see your in the same country as me [​IMG]! Where abouts in the UK are you?

3. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Enjoy your visit!

4. card5640

card5640 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Bangor area, Maine
    Jealous wish I was there, my parents find my chicken stories amusing as well. Its the firs tthing they ask me about when we ring each other.

5. funkyboots

funkyboots Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2009
    hope your enjoying the eractic weather here!!!!!!!!

6. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Quote:Tell me about it- its really sunny now, but a second ago it was pouring with rain.

7. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

My parents live in Sittingbourne, Kent. I was actually born in Rainham, but we moved to the US when I was a teenager. Mum and Dad moved back after retirement.

The weather has been a bit "changeable", but it's lovely, today. Too bad I have to head back tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by