Hello from Tn! Help identify this chick?

FutureFarmer88

Hatching
Apr 2, 2017
Tennessee
Hello everyone! I have been looking at this site for a while now. Finally joined haha.I have a mixed flock of 12 grown hens and 1 rooster. I also have eight 6week old barred rocks and 10 new chicks I just got. I've been a " crazy chicken lady" for about 2 years now. Love those silly birds...... So I got this little cutie from tractor supply a few days ago. It was in a tub labeled 'asians' and 'bantams' but the poor man knew nothing. So I thought I would ask here: ) thanks y'all.

Greetings from Kansas, FutureFarmer, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Looks like CTKen gave you some great links to research so I will just say best wishes, enjoy your chicks, and thank you for joining BYC!!
woot.gif

Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

TSC has their breeds so mixed up, doesn't even matter what they are labeled. Seen so many what breed is this, just from them this season.
hmm.png

I don't know what it is but I can tell you it isn't a Cochin or a Silkie. It has clean legs. I also don't see any cheeks or a beard, so none of those varieties. Also looks like it has 4 toes? And not quite able to tell what the comb will be yet.

Is it actually way smaller than the other chicks the same age? It doesn't look that bantam to me.
hu.gif

Thanks all .Yes. Tractor supply employees don't seem to know much about them for the most part, at least not this one. Not an insult. Just a fact. I know It is not a silky, and looks too big to be a bantam. I don't even know what an Asian is haha. I'll just wait and see. I honestly don't care what it is really, just curious.

G’Day from down under FutureFarmer88
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry, I am no good at breed types unless they are ones that I have. However, you have received some great starting points and advice so I will just add that your little one sure is a cutie pie!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom