Hello From Tracy California and a little help

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. God luck finding a home for your roo. This is a great site, so pull up a chair and start posting.
thumbsup.gif

Welcome, about a month late
wink.png

We're just a little south of you, ok, the other side of the Valley, but hey, whats an hour or two, right? We're in Clovis, which is just east of Fresno.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from down the road. Bay Area transplant

Why don't you offer them here in the auction section. You can offer them free and there are a lot of us in the area. I bet you find them good homes.

I think he's getting straightened as we speak. Maybe I will keep the rooster. Who knows. My last flock was rooster free. I never had the experience. What can they protect against? I think coyotes would get them. We have red tail. Likely golden eagles too. Luckily we're too country for raccoons. No forest cover for them. Just flat acres of alfalfa. But coyotes must be out there. Of course there's our dog. We're going to train him off them with hotwire. He remembers that "bite" real well!

Welcome from the East Bay.
frow.gif
Personally, I think a flock is much better off with a rooster. They protect the hens. I've seen mine risk his own life to make sure every last hen was in the henhouse when a hawk was after them.

Back
Top Bottom