Hello from Utah!

Spinning Carrie

Chirping
Dec 12, 2015
Hello,

My name is Carrie, I live in Northern Utah with a husband, two children (if you don't count the 30 sixth graders I teach), two dogs, and two hives of bees. We are interested in starting a small flock of layers in our suburban back yard this year so I have started doing some research and came across this site. I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

Carrie

Welcome to BYC, Carrie. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. X2 on OrganicFarmWife; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hi Carrie,
welcome-byc.gif

In addition to all the poultry information, you might be interested in chatting with other members that keep bees:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/310974/a-bee-thread-for-those-interested-in-beekeeping

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

Research and plan first is the way to go. Good luck with your new adventure.

Feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. You may also wish to join your state thread and see if there are any chicken folks near you.

Welcome, I did research for months, watched videos and tutorials non stop, and now i am so ready but i have to pace myself, build, prep, then chickens LOL, SO YES, RESEARCH, research, research, there is allot to having chickens, it's easy but better to be informed is my opinion.
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome, I did research for months, watched videos and tutorials non stop, and now i am so ready but i have to pace myself, build, prep, then chickens LOL, SO YES, RESEARCH, research, research, there is allot to having chickens, it's easy but better to be informed is my opinion.
welcome-byc.gif
I can't jump into anything without researching like crazy, sometimes I drive my husband crazy! I did the same thing with my bees. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom