Hello from Utah

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BrandMooToThis, Jun 16, 2016.

1. BrandMooToThis

BrandMooToThis New Egg

Jun 16, 2016
    Hi, all. I've been lurking for some time but finally got it together and joined.
    We started with chickens last spring, and then I fell in love with a pair of baby Chinese geese, so we brought them home as well. This year we bought another ten chicks to add to our flock, along with a few turkeys. Our goose started sitting on a clutch last month, but we didn't think any would hatch, her being a first-time mama and all. Well, two days ago they started hatching. The last one emerged sometime last night, and now we have nine sweet little goslings, and I am realizing I might be in over my head. I look forward to learning from all of you. Thank you for having me.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

LOL...yes, sometimes I feel that way too...in over my head..."what did I just get myself into!!" [​IMG]

But it's all good. You will do just fine. [​IMG]

Stop by our Geese section for any help or reassurance, depending on what you need right now. [​IMG] However congrats on the new little ones!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/47/geese

Enjoy this new journey you are on and ask any questions you may have along the way.

Welcome to our flock! :)

3. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG]
    BrandMooToThis It is so awesome for you to join our forum! From the sounds of it you have a pretty big flock going on! I am happy you decided to join all of us chicken lovers here at BYC! I think it is awesome you geese was able to have babies. That was a very cute addition to your flock. I hope you enjoy your time here and if you ever need any help there are always people here to help you! I have some links I would recommend for you to check out and post something on. First I think you should introduce yourself on the New Member Introductions forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/44/new-member-introductions Since you were able to hatch some eggs I would recommend you going to out Incubating and Hatching Eggs forum to help others https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs Finally since you have not only chickens but geese I would recommend going to our geese forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/47/geese to meet other geese lovers like you! Have a great time and it is great to have you on our BYC team!
    Justin [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  4. uncertainty

uncertainty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2015
    Great White North
    Hi, glad you have joined BYC. I am a newbie, my first flock is 5 weeks old. BYC is proving to be a great resource, the members are really generous with their time and advice. That is very cool about the hatchlings.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I see your broody proved you wrong. Wow, what a nice surprise. I love your avatar, is that an Australian cattle dog ( blue heeler)? Beautiful pup

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Hi, I'm from Utah too! I live in Spanish Fork..where are you? There are a lot of chicken keepers in this state! Go to the Utah thread..come meet some real nice folk! A lot of them on there are up north of me...and some way north, into the Logan area.

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by