hello from Utah

kimballwitt

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 3, 2014
Provo, Utah
I have 4 chickens, 2 New Hampshire's and 2 Bardrocks.

"my two Bardrock's"

Unfortunately this week I lost one of my Bardrocks from a dog attack. Was so sad, I found her terrified with her head in the fence and her bottom chewed up, brought her in washed her up, gave her a warm bed but she didn't last through the night. Love my chickens.

Last edited:
Oh how sad. Dogs and raccoons usually top the list of predators. Do you know how he got in? Can you beef up the coop or run, so it doesn't happen again? Please check out the predator section, for suggestions on how to keep your birds safe. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm so sorry about the loss of your hen. As many BYC members can attest, dogs and chickens typically don't mix well. You have some pretty Barred Rocks. I've have them at one time or another over the years and they are a hardy, dependable breed that lay lots of nice, large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your BRs.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

I'm sorry about your hen.
hugs.gif

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Sorry for your loss!
hugs.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh, I am so so sorry about the loss of your Barred Rock. How sad.
hugs.gif
I hope your heavy heart can heal soon.

But we do welcome you to our flock and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Like everyone else has said, I'm terrible sorry about your barred rock! It is so hard to lose birds you love!

Back
Top Bottom