Hello from Utah

pibblesNchicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 11, 2014
Utah
Hi. I live in SLC Utah and am new to keeping backyard chickens. I currently have 3 - a light brahma (Pearl), a barred rock (The Rock), and a black sex link (Black Betty). The sex link and brahma are laying but the barred rock is not as of yet. So far it's been a lot of fun and I wish I could have more! At first I let them roam freely in the yard, but that doesn't work so well with the dogs. So my husband fenced off the back part of our yard and it's worked out perfectly! BYC has been my top resource for everything I've learned and the first place I come to when I have questions. Looking forward to being a part of the community.
:yiipchick

Last edited:
Hi
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC! I hope you have a fun time with your chickens!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some great breeds (although technically BSLs are hybrids and not a breed). Light Brahmas were the first breed that I ever had (about 50 years ago), and they were gentle giants. Black Sex Links are my favorite hens; hardy and friendly egg laying machines. I've raised them for years and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out over 300 eggs per hen per year. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Enjoy this wonderful adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. Glad you joined the flock. Please keep an eye on the dogs, they will take advantage of any chicken opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom