hello from wa state

pbjls

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
as I right this I have my feet up on my incubator with 12 dozen eggs in it. I have three brood buildings with about 15 homeade brooders. I have 10 or 12 field pens that we designed and built. we pull them accross 20 acres of pasture. I have a roller mill, augers, and a feed mixer. I expect 18 tons of grain to arrive wednesday. we make our own GMO free feed for both hogs and poultry. we mostly raise meat birds, but Iam starting to get into layers.

I am new to incubating and you will probably see me asking questions about it. I do, however know a fair amount about feed and care of chicks and adult birds as well as processing meat birds.

paul

Welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!!
welcome-byc.gif

sadly, I fear the worst for this hatch. It is my first attempt incubting and I believe I have made a major mistake. It has been a week and there is no sign of growth in the first 12 eggs I candled. I will check the calibration on the temp, and use trays to hold the eggs point down instead of on the side on the next batch. I will do a little more research on humidity as well.

Back
Top Bottom