Hello from Washington State!

OldJMcDonald

Hatching
Jun 7, 2016
I have had chickens for about 6 years, just egg layers, purchased more Barred Rocks recently, but also just ordered Buckeyes which will be coming in about 2 weeks, now I am looking for Lavender Orpingtons, starting to really think about having a small animal farm as we have 25 acres and want to be as self sufficient as possible.

Very glad I found this website!!!!

I have had chickens for about 6 years, just egg layers, purchased more Barred Rocks recently, but also just ordered Buckeyes which will be coming in about 2 weeks, now I am looking for Lavender Orpingtons, starting to really think about having a small animal farm as we have 25 acres and want to be as self sufficient as possible.

Very glad I found this website!!!!

Welcome j I'm from deer park wa

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you decided to join us.

Welcome to BYC!

Buckeyes are good birds, though be careful where you purchase them, some hatcheries sell "Buckeyes" that are basically just RIRs with pea combs! Cackle seems to have good ones though, got a batch of chicks in from them last week and even at this age you can tell they are better quality, they all have nice pea combs and the same shape of slanted eye my breeder stock Buckeye has!

Lav Orps are nice birds, not my favorite Orp though. They tend to be flightier than most varieties of Orps.

Back
Top Bottom