Hello from Washington State!

boadicea

Hatching
Aug 1, 2016
I'm raising Mallards for the eggs, but I've fallen in love. Both my boy and I are allergic to chicken eggs but can eat duck eggs just fine. And we have a juvenile Muscovy that has become my daughter's therapy duck. We just had 3 chicks hatch and have a bunch still under the mama hen. Anyway, I'm not sure what else to say, other than I've learned so much already from looking through this site.

Shauna

My Muscovy being hugged by my daughter and our mama mallard:

I'm raising Mallards for the eggs, but I've fallen in love. Both my boy and I are allergic to chicken eggs but can eat duck eggs just fine. And we have a juvenile Muscovy that has become my daughter's therapy duck. We just had 3 chicks hatch and have a bunch still under the mama hen. Anyway, I'm not sure what else to say, other than I've learned so much already from looking through this site.

Shauna
I'm allergic to eggs (mildly, I get really, really bad heartburn for a couple days after eating it and an upset stomach. I can tolerate it cooked in baked goods and I'll eat eggs once in a while and just suffer, because I love them so much.)

Hearing that you're allergic to eggs, but can eat other types of eggs with out allergic reactions makes me wonder if I'd be able to do that. I love eggs so much :(

What type of egg allergy to you have, how does it manifest? In my case, mine was all auto-intestinal, made my body start attacking itself internally. I'm also gluten-intolerant. So it sucks that a major cheap protein source like eggs I can't eat.

welcome-byc.gif

I have a daughter that can't eat eggs without feeling uncomfortable the rest of the day..a bit of a tummy ache. That is sad..she loves them! Me too, can't imagine not being able to eat eggs. :/

Chickens...Ducks...make for wonderful therapy!

I don't know which part of the egg. It was on my blood test, not the prick test. The prick test showed I am allergic to wheat, rye, etc. I also have tested positive for celiac. But, my allergist is the one who suggested we try duck eggs.

I don't know which part of the egg. It was on my blood test, not the prick test. The prick test showed I am allergic to wheat, rye, etc. I also have tested positive for celiac. But, my allergist is the one who suggested we try duck eggs.
That's awesome that you can eat duck eggs. I may have to talk to my husband about it. I wanted ducks anyways, so now this might give me an excuse to convince him we need ducks! LOL

Welcome to BYC Shauna. I have read many times, of people who are allergic to chicken eggs, being able to eat duck eggs.

Back
Top Bottom