Hello from Washington State

Anne Surely

In the Brooder
Dec 2, 2020
We have 10 hens two small roosters and one vary large Black/ blue jersey giant rooster living comfortably in a 20x10x6 Dog kennel that we also placed bricks in the ground of the kennel base. Which has so far stopped the wild critters that love to dig under from getting inside. We also have placed 4 chain length panels across the top to keep out neighboring hawks and raccoons out, and yes those panel are connected to the kennel. The top is temp tell we are able to place a real roof.. In the evening our hens move into their housing which is a large Amish Coop to house 16-18 hen, its called a portable "Limo" coop.. during the winter we also placed in the kennel a electric tin that keeps a 10 gallon water dispenser warm preventing the water from freezing. Then inside the coop we placed what is called a Cozy Coop radiant heating, safe low wattage, a black stand up panel has two heat settings and a built in thermostat..works great going on the second year with it. We also placed 30 feet of bamboo fencing around the back and one 10 foot side of the kennel to help with wind and snow build up .. adding the bamboo fencing gave our chickens more room to roam then just the Amish coop during the winter.. Our chicken backyard area is not finished but progressing. With that said here we are hoping to gain more info from others and perhaps question and answers to any issues that pop up on occasions with raising back yard hens/chicks to problem solving rooster issues... Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4900.JPG
    IMG_4900.JPG
    583.4 KB · Views: 8
We have 10 hens two small roosters and one vary large Black/ blue jersey giant rooster living comfortably in a 20x10x6 Dog kennel that we also placed bricks in the ground of the kennel base. Which has so far stopped the wild critters that love to dig under from getting inside. We also have placed 4 chain length panels across the top to keep out neighboring hawks and raccoons out, and yes those panel are connected to the kennel. The top is temp tell we are able to place a real roof.. In the evening our hens move into their housing which is a large Amish Coop to house 16-18 hen, its called a portable "Limo" coop.. during the winter we also placed in the kennel a electric tin that keeps a 10 gallon water dispenser warm preventing the water from freezing. Then inside the coop we placed what is called a Cozy Coop radiant heating, safe low wattage, a black stand up panel has two heat settings and a built in thermostat..works great going on the second year with it. We also placed 30 feet of bamboo fencing around the back and one 10 foot side of the kennel to help with wind and snow build up .. adding the bamboo fencing gave our chickens more room to roam then just the Amish coop during the winter.. Our chicken backyard area is not finished but progressing. With that said here we are hoping to gain more info from others and perhaps question and answers to any issues that pop up on occasions with raising back yard hens/chicks to problem solving rooster issues... Thank you
1606528678036.jpg

Hi .. I'm in Spokane county. I'm so sorry we have 2 black/white Wyandottes and one black/ blue Jersey giant Roosters. Our flock also contain theses hen breeds 3 Green EE they are such lovely sweet EE girls we also have 3 White large Brahma/2 Wyandotte/2 black jersey giants . So hard to find homes for roosters. So nice to meet you EmmaRainboe

Attachments

• IMG_4898.JPG
    IMG_4898.JPG
    470.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5441.JPG
    IMG_5441.JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5504.JPG
    IMG_5504.JPG
    529.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5462.JPG
    IMG_5462.JPG
    614.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi .. I'm in Spokane county. I'm so sorry we have 2 black/white Wyandottes and one black/ blue Jersey giant Roosters. Our flock also contain theses hen breeds 3 Green EE they are such lovely sweet EE girls we also have 3 White large Brahma/2 Wyandotte/2 black jersey giants . So hard to find homes for roosters. So nice to meet you EmmaRainboe
Nice to meet you! I also have two roosters I am trying to rehome. It's a hard place to be in :(. If you are looking to rehome your guys, you can click on your profile, the go to "signature" and type your county and the roosters you are looking to rehome, then if someone is in your county and interested in some roo's they can message you! That's what I did, so everytime I post a message is a possible chance of a guy finding a home. If you look under my message you can see my signature says " If your in Kitsap county Washington and interested in either a Blue EE or a Barred Rock roo message me! I'm desperate! Not stew 😄" that's one of the ways I am looking for a place! Unfortunatly it's so hard to find homes, I'm beginning to mentally prepare myself for the act of culling, they are getting hormonal and I just don't have space for three roo's, no fighting yet, but I only have 8 hens at the moment.... 😔 If your looking for homes, hope you find some!

Back
Top Bottom