Hello from Wayne County Ohio

Finnbear

Hatching
9 Years
May 29, 2010
Greetings from Orrville, Ohio - home of Smucker's Jelly. My family keeps a backyard flock of chickens, mainly for eggs. My kids are in 4H and show some birds at our county fair. Our hens are a few Black Australorps, Barred Rocks, Golden Comets, Ameracaunas, Brown Leghorns, Silkies, a Jersey Giant, along with a few miscellaneous bantams. We also have a bunch of 11 week old Welsummer and Golden Comet pullets that will replace some of our 3 year old birds later this summer. We also raise a batch of broilers each year for te market class at our county fair and to stock our freezer. I have been reading the forums here on and off for a year or so. Just recently I've been very interested in coming up with a better system for watering my new birds that are being raised in a moveable tractor/pen and read a bunch of posts on nipple waterers. I ordered some of the screw-in and some of the push-in nipple waterers from QC Supply and am experimenting with some bucket waterers in our main coop and also some made of PVC pipe with a 5 gallon bucket to supply them for our moveable tractor/pen. I hope to come up with a good watering solution for the tractor as I'm starting to build another larger one that will be for our batch of broiler chicks that come in July. As broilers approach butchering age they drink a LOT of water and not having to fill waterers multiple times a day would be nice.
Mark

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom