Hello from West Michigan (Norton Shores)!

Zephie

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 6, 2012
Norton Shores, MI
I've just finished my coop and am excited to raise some chickens! I actually wanted to raise them from chicks, but I'm afraid I can't spend the time with the babies that I should.

I'd like to get some Rhode Island Reds, but am having trouble finding any locally. Anyone know where I can get some? If not, any recommendations would be appreciated. Just doing this as a hobby; not too concerned about egg production, although I do want some. Just want birds that will do well in the Michigan winter and be like pets!

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to BYC! Check out the Breeders & Hatcheries section on the forum and the Buy~Sell~Trade section (at the bottom of the contents page) Hope you get some chicks soon!

WelcometoBYC.gif

Hello and :welcome

You could check out your state's thread in Where am I ,where are you. Most feed stores also stock sex link hens (or at least the ones round here do) and those are good layers and hardy chickens.
Good luck!!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

Introduce yourself on the Michigan thread, there are other BYCers in that area that may have extra hens. In addition, be sure to check out the chickenstock link in my signature, there will be birds there for sale too. :)

Back
Top Bottom