Hello from Western MA.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Faverolle, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Hello all,

I have visited the website quite a few times before but for whatever reason never registered on the forum but felt like it was about time I did.

I live in Western Massachusetts and have about 55 or so chickens, 12 ducks and also have some gunieas coming later this year. These are spread out over 3 different coops. My primary goals are breeding some of the more uncommon varities while at the same time getting fresh eggs, bug control, and fertilizer.

I have quite a few different varieties of chickens including Salmon Faverolles, Speckled Sussex, Blue Cochin, Russian Orloff, Deleware, Mille Fleur, RI Red, NH Red, Black Australorp, Americana, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, and also Dark Brahma bantams.

Also have some new arrivals coming in a few weeks including Barnevelders, Welsummer, Barred Holland, Red Caps, and Golden Campines.

Looking forward to chatting on the forum and sharing my experience while also learning different aspects of raising/keeping poultry that I may not be familiar with.

Matt

2. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    Hello and welcome, I'm about 50 miles north of where VT, NY and MA meet. I have penedesencas and would be willing to make swaps with you come summer!

3. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from S.E.New Hampshire I have silkies

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

We also have some Welsummers coming in a few weeks. Well more like 6 weeks [​IMG]

6. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Hey Matt!

[​IMG]

Sounds like you have a great selection of chickens!!! [​IMG]

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Cool, two peeps registering just a day apart and both from Western MA... that's cool!

I lived in Northampton for about 4 months and loved it out there. I even ventured out to Pittsfield.

Welcome to BYC, I know you'll enjoy it here!

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

9. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Welcome from CT! I love Western MA. SO pretty [​IMG]
    Your flock sounds beautiful. I love my mixed flock. I've got some Welsummers and Barnevelders in there. I ordered two Russian Orloffs as well but they died right after they arrived. If you can, please share pictures of your flock! We love pictures on BYC!! [​IMG]

10. vnsseed

vnsseed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

Welcome from another newbie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by