1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Hello from Woodinville, WA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Savanni, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Savanni

Savanni Hatching

Sep 10, 2013
    Hello my peeps [​IMG]

My wife and I are planning on starting a small flock (4 or so) early next year. I'm thinking:

• Lavender Orpington
    • Buff Orpington
    • Barred Rock
    • Polish Crested (my wife had one when she was younger named Roofus)

I'm excited to be apart of the BYC community. There are so many helpful folks that I feel that, while I'm a newb, I don't feel overwhelmed or over my head with the prospects of raising four little chicks.

I've watched countless YouTube videos, read a kazillion articles, and feel like I have enough basic information to get going.

Even though we probably won't acquire our new chicks until March or so of 2014, I feel like a proud parent to be [​IMG]

I look forward to being an active participant in the BYC community. I love this place!!!

2. Veer67

Veer67 Songster

[​IMG] Greeting from CT, happy to have you here! Good luck on your future chicks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  3. mrchicks

mrchicks Songster

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Hi Savanni, welcome to BYC!

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member 7 Years

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Good luck with your future chickens adventures and keep us posted!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 8 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] I guess you are finishing up your first trimester of chicks -to-be in March. Lots of time to decorate the babies room(brooder) etc. Hope you will be back with pictures then

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: