Hello from Wv ~ New to the BYC

Streakhooch

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 12, 2010
smile.png
Hello I am new to this site and hopefully will figure everything out soon. I have had chicken for the last 6yrs or so. I started out with 25 RIR only to have some very bad neighborhood dogs get into my flock and leaving me with 2, we moved and took my only hen n rooster to the new home and they last for about 2 weeks and dissapeared, I was so sad, so then I got another 25 of all types of breeds and didn't have very good lucky with them from my dogs and 5yrs later I only have one from them which is my Big Birtha a Dominique. My uncle gladly gave me some more and then I keep adding. I now have Big Birtha, a Americana "Fancy Brown", a Delaware "Honky", 3 NHR "Ms.Connie, Penny & Copper" 1 leghorn Rooster "Doc Holiday", another Rooster which I have no idea what he is and we call him "Big Shorty" and then I have recently picked up peeps 6 ~ 4week old Amberlinks, 2- 3wk old Polish, 6- 3wk old Cornish, 4-3wk old RIR. I love my peeps and can't wait to find out there sex so my kids and I can name them
smile.png
Looking forward to spending time on this awesome website.

welcome-byc.gif

My kids either come up with unisex names (like chipmunk and whitey) or they double name. For example, Molly/Mack turned out to be Mack, Jonas/Joan is a Joan, etc.

Of course, we did get a bit confused with a sexed "pullet," and had a rooster named Ariel. He didn't mind being named after a mermaid.
smile.png
Shakespeare's Ariel was a male sprite, after all.

Back
Top Bottom