Hello from Wyoming!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by WyoJax, Mar 4, 2015.

1. WyoJax

WyoJax Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2015
    Wyoming
    I firstly have to thank all of you for all the information I have already received. I never knew there could be such an amazing group of chicken lovers out there, but look atyou all sitting there pretty just sharing knowledge. My husband has decided to cave and buy me two chickens for my upcoming birthday. I'm working on getting it added to everyone calendar so you can all celebrate along with me, my birthday that is.
    To say the least I am a newbie. I know chicks are very cute and I can't wait to spend time with the chickens in the yard while gardening. Besides that, it's coming along slowly. So far I'm all set to go with the brooder and start up except food, that's my next task. Then it's the fun process of a coop which I have a feeling may be a very frustrating process but I'm so excited!
    So hello! And thank you I'm advance for all of your help.

If there was one thing you could tell yourself when you first got started with chickens what would it be?

Jax​

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Jax

Glad you could join the flock! What a great birthday present! What I would have told myself was, you become very attached to them, there lots of fun and the chicken TV is great!! The learning centre is a great place for lots of info on getting started https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new chicken adventure. Be sure to ask any questions you have, everyone here to help and very friendly. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

Sounds like you'll be getting a nice birthday present! I would definitely take a look at the link that Yorkshire Coop left you with. I would also check out the Coops section to see some coop designs: Chicken Coop Designs That may help you when you decide to build your coop.[​IMG]

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    build a larger coop than you think you will need. You will be mesmerizied by chickens and before you know it, you'll be adding more and more, you will need more space for them.

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Yep - that "chicken math" is a buggar!

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our community!

Good luck with your future chicks!

8. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    WyoJax - hmmm, sounds like it might be the Jackson area! I'm up in Cowley, and there are lots of other good people from Big Wonderful Wyoming here on BYC and they'd love to say "hi" as well! Just go up to the search box and type in Wyoming Unite - that should take you right there.

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. X2 on drumstick diva; built your coop/run larger than you think you will need. Not only will the chickens benefit from not being overcrowded, but at some point "chicken math" will kick in and you'll end up adding more chickens to your flock. :eek:)

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by