Hello, future friends. Newbie here.

The tractor I have in mind would be a 4 X 6 coop elevated over a 4 X 12 run. The run is a wee bit small for them. But, being portable, I'll be able to give them fresh pickings often.

make it 4 x 8 and you should be safe with minimal extra cost.. I have the same for my 4 Silkies keeping them from our 3 outside cats but they have a special room in my new coop 1 of 3 not including the tractor it is 4 x 12 x 5

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to all! My name is Michele and I live in North Texas. My Grandma had a farm (still in the family today Bar C Bar Ranch in Oatmeal, TX). Moved to the farm as a teen and have been around barnyard animals for a number of years. In adulthood, have mostly had goats, gardens etc. Love farm raised eggs, just taste better...so a few years ago got hens from a neighbor but they were about egged out (age). Now, have my own chicks and older pullets which will start laying soon. I've planned a breeding plan to start my own strain to sell specialty chicks and rare chicks. Very excited as I have 40 babies and 5 older pullets.

I've been on the site numerous times and just saw a post I'd love to comment on, so here I am with bells on....

Glad to be a newbie!

:welcome

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

I also like a mixed flock, it's interesting to see the differences in breeds. Also, with the BO's, they are known to be pretty broody so you may want to add other non-broody type breeds to ensure you keep getting eggs.

Once you have 20 posts, you can use the buy-sell-trade forum here on BYC. A wide variety of birds are offered there, everything from fertile eggs to point of lay birds.

Best of luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom